1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Youtube

Discussion in 'Online Communities' started by danielle davidson, Jul 12, 2015.

1. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I have heard from some people online that this is a good way to get people to come to your page. I'm not sure how you would be able to do that though. Most people when they look online would want to see a video. So, if you have a video commercial for your blog then I'm sure that would work. If so, then I'm sure that would be a good way to get people to come to your blog. So, do you guys think that this would be a good idea?

2. Jason76 Member

Jason76

You can also earn money from the YouTube video itself, apart from whatever link you have. You simply sign up for the advertising program they have and they post ads on your videos. Whenever somebody clicks on an ad, then you make money. I think that is how it works. However, you might also make money from people simply watching your video, regardless of whether they click the ad or not.

3. Scorp Member

Scorp

Of course it's a good idea. A lot of people make a living off of Youtube. I mean, A LOT of people.

Honestly, I'm not a great video producer, and I hate having to promote a particular Youtube video far and wide on the internet - mainly because you never know if Youtube will some day just delete your video.

So what I'd suggest is make a lot of videos, and keep posting new videos daily. Throw some social media shares on each video, and move on. Of course, always save your videos on your computer, so if Youtube ever deletes any of your videos, or your entire channel, you can always reupload the videos again.

Also, use Dailymotion too. The same videos you upload on Youtube, upload on Dailymotion too. You have nothing to lose, and it will bring even more traffic to you. And apart from the link in the descriptions, you can also monetize Youtube with Adsense or any 3rd party Youtube monetization network, and you can monetize Dailymotion with their internal ads too.

It's a great thing, Youtube and Video marketing.

4. Jason76 Member

Jason76

Someone can always hire someone to make the YouTube video, if they're not good at that sort of thing, or they don't like being on camera. However, if you do choose to do it yourself, then many inexpensive computer programs exist to make professional videos.

5. Scorp Member

Scorp

That's true. I mean, one thing you can do is go to Fiverr and get a video made for $5-10 dollars.

Also, there are inexpensive programs you can use, but there are also free programs you can use. Especially videos where you just sort of show something and speak in the microphone. You can make videos, and you don't have to show your face. Or slideshow videos where slideshows are changing in the video, displaying text. While these are low-quality videos, make enough of them, you can do something.

But if one has no money to invest, surely a little Google search will find you free ways to make videos.

6. rabst New Member

rabst

I'm sort of 'old school.' What I think they're talking about with that is 'that you can use YouTube to broadcast videos that discuss the products your site sells.' I've always seen YouTube as kind of a "video-blog"---where you share your thoughts in live action video rather than -in writing (kinda like 'sharing the movie you see in your head' rather than just 'sharing the script for it.')

Maybe the thoughts you share are 'only a part of the thought you put into your site,' where you can conclude your video(s) with "to find out more, go to Double-U Double-U Double-U dot SomethingOrOther dot whatever, yeah!"

7. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

It depends on the video itself and how you market this video.
    The fact is that people are more into visual presentation like images/videos/media compared to just plain text.

8. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Why not?
    Everything that might bring visitors/clients to your site must be explored or you will
    never know what is working and what isn't and which basket to use to put your eggs.

:)

fastreplies