1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Yahoo! Directory Closes Early

Discussion in 'Directory Announcements' started by Converse, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Converse Active Member

Converse

Yahoo closed its flagship web directory early. While it had announced a closure date of December 31, at this time, its web directory address (dir.yahoo.com) redirects to business.yahoo.com which looks amazingly like a web directory, although there are a lot of errors when you try to navigate its pages.

I can't tell for sure, but it looks to me like they are in the process of migrating the business (paid) listings from their old web directory into a new business web directory, on a different subdomain, and the errors are probably because they are just now in the process of migrating it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. toradrake Member

toradrake

I just read about this a second ago on Search Engine Land. Its official closing date was December 27th. The thing is, it is more of a revamp of their directory then it is closing... or it seems to me.

3. aymen3571 New Member

aymen3571

The thing is, it is more of a revamp of their directory then it is closing... or it seems to me.