1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Which is the best Google Adsense alternative today?

Discussion in 'Monetizing' started by Shan Barton, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Shan Barton New Member

Shan Barton

In the four years I have been working online as a web content developer, so many clients have had mixed reactions about the use of Google adsense as the ultimate site or blog monetization option. Most of them ask whether there is a better or equally good monetization option other than adsense. Do you think there is? What are your opinions or experiences with other alternatives in the market?

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

I haven't come across anything that was a true alternative. There are other advertising networks that can be used but I don't think you'll see the kind of returns that you can through AdSense. But then, it's been awhile since I've tried any alternatives.

3. Shan Barton New Member

Shan Barton

I have tried using chitika in the past, had some results but found it quite ineffective in bringing out the full potential of a site's earnings even with a good flow of web traffic. To achieve good results with Google Adsense, you need to be pretty good at everything you do. It has taken me almost three years to make at least 15 dollars a month from my blog which still seems very little to me.

4. Billy New Member

Billy

I don't know if anything can compare to AdSense. There is Chitika and others, but from what I hear, they only pay out pennies. Didn't Bing come out with one a while back?

5. tasha New Member

tasha

I swear by anything google has to offer and I am an affiliate. I think that they have so many helpful topics and useful tips to guide you through the process of finding traffic and making money. When you are in need of help they are willing to answer your questions and help you through it. I have made very little money because of my seo problem but they have all sorts of ways to help you do that too. Making money online is about being an affiliate advertising other businesses and eventually getting enough traffic to allow users to click on ads. The more traffic you have the more money you make.

6. Billy New Member

Billy

I wouldn't get too comfortable with Google, if I was you. To Google, you are an enemy, they don't like affiliates, and they don't like that you're making money off of their search engine. They have been fighting against affiliates for years with their algorithms and limitation on what you can sell on AdWords. I'm not saying that you shouldn't use them, I'm just saying that you should be careful of a company that says that the only way to do SEO is by sharing content, and then they have SEO tools that you can use. Why would they let SEOs use tools when they don't want them to manipulate the search results? Maybe so that they can spy?

7. LuckyGirl08 New Member

LuckyGirl08

I have never used any alternative to Google Adsense. A lot of the alternative are not as effective as Google.

8. SadieMarie New Member

SadieMarie

qadabra isn't bad. I have found slightly better results through them then by using chitika. I currently use qadabra and chitika for monetizing both together on my site. They aren't bad and can be used at the same time.

9. Shamzblueworld New Member

Shamzblueworld

I'm also searching for an alternative for a while now, but I don't think there is any that can be labeled as adsense alternative, but over the years I've found that they are stricter now, especially when you have to apply for its approval. It really is a pain.

10. calebmelvern New Member

calebmelvern

I suggest you guys look into other ad networks, besides the popular ones such as Chitika. Search for your niche + ad network and you might get an idea what I'm talking about. For example, if you're in the gaming niche, one network I know of that specifically renders ads towards gaming is CPMStar. Just be very careful and do your research before joining ad networks. Many are legit. Many are scams.

11. Rainman New Member

Rainman

Considering the fact that Google has been waging a war against small sites, if your site doesn't get a lot of traffic, then if you want to make any money with ads then Google adsense isn't an option. I've heard complaints from people who banned for suspected future violations. Future violations of their terms of services? Why should they ban you if you haven't done anything wrong yet? Others had their accounts suspended when they made $99. A number of people sued but I doubt they'll be paid the money they're owed by Google.

While there are not many great Google ad sense alternatives, you could try the Yahoo/Bing ad network. I've heard that their rates are OK.

You could also try www.revenuehits.com/ which I've heard is also a great ad network.

12. tasha New Member

tasha

Oh really that is interesting!! I will be a little sceptical about it now because you are right seo tools to spy?? yes probably. But alternatives are very few

13. Ade New Member

Ade

Great discussion going on here! Although, Google is currently the master but there are couple of Ad Networks that offer good pay to their publishers. I have tried ad networks like adtall.com, chitika.com, infolinks and many more. They are fine by me.

14. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I don't think that there is one thing that is just better than Ad Sense. I know that if you pair that with something else on your blog then you will make more money. If you are able to get another source of ads on your blog, then you can double the amount of money that you are making. Right now, that seems like the best thing since there is no way to just make super fast cash with a blog. I have found this out the hard way. But the more ads from different sites you have, the more money you will be able to make.

samanta12 likes this.
  15. samanta12 Member

samanta12

i use to use chickita but some how the ads will not display properly on my site. so i switched to cutezapads.com is which has worked quite well for me. The ads display properly and more so i have been making some good money. An added advantage is that it isn't that expensive and its particularly favorable for those with low incomes that still want to run ads. Here is the coupon code for a 40% discount on cutezapads.

16. acidbee New Member

acidbee

For me personally: Amazon.