1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Web directories still useful?

Discussion in 'Directory Reviews' started by orocot, Apr 25, 2015.

1. orocot New Member

orocot

Hi all

What is your thoughts on using web directories? I was under the impression that web directories was a no go for the likes of google?

Give me your thoughts and name some directories that you use and get good results from? Also what are the directories that are more popular than others?

:)

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

That sounds like you want someone else to do more work than you are willing to do yourself. Why don't you tell us where and how you got the impression that "web directories were a no go for the likes of Google," and even what that means.

A lot of that has been done here, and on this forum's companion sites. What directories are you familiar with?

3. jewelraz New Member

jewelraz

Actually people stop working on a niche when there are rumors that some websites are swamped by the latest Google update. I think this is what happened with web directory and article submission niche. But in real case scenario, there are several good numbers of directories performing well. I mean I don't know their ROI obviously, but their site statistics are not bad as we thought.

4. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Well, I can tell you.
    There is an University in Country called Trollsylvania where students in order to graduate
    must come up with dumbest questions they will be posting in forums, blogs and other media
    upon graduation and what you see above is one of "the finest examples".

fastreplies

5. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

Sorry but I burned it already, nothing to give..

6. Aminur Rahman New Member

Aminur Rahman

After the Google panda update web directories is kind of dead now. It will not effect to your SEO ranking.

7. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Can you be more specific and tell us in details how Panda in any way related to Directories.

Why not?

Any dickhead with keyboard and monitor can say that.
    Do you have any confirming data, benchmarks, studies, facts, anything to prove your point?

fastreplies