1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Wearable Tech

Discussion in 'Monetizing' started by toradrake, Jan 3, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

I have been coming across articles and statistics stating that 2015 will be the year of the wearable technology. According to what I am seeing, people are going to be searching for information and products concerning wearable technology. So I guess it would be advisable for forum and blog owners to start adding wearable technology to their sites and those who have stores, add wearable technology to their store. I am working on adding those to mine to see what happens with it. Apparently 1 in 5 people are interested in the subject. I guess we will soon see.

2. Rainman New Member

Rainman

Interesting prediction. Does it mean that more people will buy smartwatches and other wearable tech this year?

I think we'll see a gradual increase in purchases of wearable tech and as demand for it increases so will the sales. However those who start writing reviews promoting their wearable tech sites earlier, stand a chance of making a killing when people start buying more of the stuff. IMO within three years the demand for wearable tech will be so high that anyone whose [review] site gets on page #1 of any search engines will be able to make a six figure income from affiliate commissions in one year.

3. SimplySidy Member

SimplySidy

To start with, Google Glass is almost dead. I wonder why - Was it the costs involved or anything else - but they have no major takers.

The bands which come with alerts about calories burned or blood pressure etc, are quite expensive still.

If the prices are lowered, it will give many people a chance to buy them - and maybe that will open new markets too - Google Glass, and a few "wear-as-band" have a restricted audience at the moment and hence there are very few takers.

4. toradrake Member

toradrake

Actually Google Glass is coming out with a new version this year, from what I have read. So it is not quite dead, just not really caught on yet.

Yep, and I am jumping on it. I am trying to write a few blogs and threads on my forum and blog to attract people and there will be affiliate links. I am also looking into adding products from dropshippers for wearable technologies to my store before I launch it.

5. toradrake Member

toradrake

Here is an article I found about wearable technology. I thought it would be a good addition to this thread. It talks about whether or not advertising about it will work. I haven't finished reading it yet, but it has some good points in it. Personally I don't see how advertising them is such a bad idea either way because it is where our technology is going. People are always looking for the newest, greatest thing and for convenient stuff. Eventually wearable electronics (especially cellphone and internet devices) are only going to get bigger.

Will Advertising Work On Wearables?

6. PandaDZN New Member

PandaDZN

In this decade, I don't see wearable tech a thing. Theft around the world will be increased dramatically. When Google Glass is officially out to the public or if it is, will not look very good. People will forget where they've put them like normal glasses.

7. vespid49 New Member

vespid49

When people say that this is the year of wearable tech, they seldom realize that most of the world's population will not be actually using any of the said wearable products. For instance, in large countries like China and all over continents like Africa, finding a person using wearable tech is going to be pretty difficult. While it may be the year of wearable tech for the upper middle class, it will by no means permeate a large majority of the earth's population. A testament to that fact is that in some developing countries today, people still don't even have access to other conventional technologies such as running water. Just another perspective to think about.

Converse likes this.
  8. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I saw a phone not too long ago that you could wear. It's amazing at what they are making now. I'm not sure how I would feel about that though. It would freak me out because I would be afraid that I would break it. I mean the phone looks like a watch that's bigger and goes around your whole wrist. I don't think that I would want to buy that though.