1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

WDR Directory of Directories

Discussion in 'WDR Directory of Directories' started by wdr, Nov 7, 2014.

1. wdr Member

wdr

If you haven't done so, I invite you to take a look at the WDR Directory of Directories (Google or Bing it), as we have a lot of directories listed there, and provide a fair amount of information about most of them.

Although some of the directories listed in the directory of directories wouldn't do well in a review, I do not list directories that I consider to be absolute junk, of which there are many. I do give someone the benefit of the doubt, particularly if it's a new directory, but I also reevaluate the directories listed there and remove them if they do not progress in what I consider to be a reasonable amount of time.

Since we give information about submission prices and things that wouldn't ordinarily be included in the description field in a directory, I also go through the directories from time to time reevaluating them, removing the ones that no longer meet our standards and changing descriptions when indicated.

2. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Which reminds me one so called directory of directories list, I won't mention at this time, where owner
    has been listing dead for years sites with comments next to them telling Visitors that they're dead.

And then, he makes notes like "not recommended" if he don't like Directory like AMRAY for example
    because our Editors rejected his spammie submission but... he is claiming that his list have 20,000+
    Directories, from which in my estimation 99,9% are dead.

So, I guess we have to thank you for not spamming us with dead Directories.

:)

fastreplies

wdr likes this.
  3. wdr Member

wdr

Thank you. Yes, a lot of lists exist solely to promote the majority of the directories on the list, sometimes adding one or two actual good directories for the same of appearances, while some don't even bother with that.

4. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

You don't have to tell me that.
    Take Dan for example who have had remove AMRAY from his list of top 100 (make it 70) because
    for dickheads like him Directories in reality have no real value if their owners don't kiss his ass and
    praise him for maintaining list of mostly useless directories.

Some other put DoD lists not because they have any ideas about Directories, but because they know
    that "Directories List" is good bite that might attract SERP visitors. They care less if 100 "directories"
    on their list has been created in India or by morons who don't know the difference between directory,
    catalog, listing, classified and so on.

One or two actually added good directories simply because this is all they know: DMOZ and BOTW
    and that what I would call: Bozos with intellectual tendencies. I know it's sound like an oxymoron.

:)

fastreplies