1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Submitting Sites To Niche Directories

Discussion in 'Directory Submissions' started by Rainman, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Rainman New Member

Rainman

It can be difficult to estimate the volume of traffic niche directories get. But it doesn't matter much because those who use niche directories do so for one reason. They are looking for specific sites where they will get the [whatever] information they seek. These directories therefore can be a decent source of traffic for the sites which are listed. For that reason if you are yet to submit your site to any niche directory then . . . it's time you gave it a thought.

2. KenBrace New Member

KenBrace

I run a niche directory myself but it doesn't get much traffic at the moment (it's very new). I'm not sure how it will pan out. I know there are some niche directories that work out pretty well. It's something that I, myself would probably use so I assume other's might use it as well.

3. Converse Active Member

Converse

In determining the worth of a directory, niche or otherwise, I put far more weight on the quality of the directory than on the amount of traffic that I believe it is getting. Unless someone has chosen a niche that is so obscure that almost no one is interested in it, a good quality niche directory will eventually receive traffic. The amount of traffic that it receives, and the time involved for it to be successful, has more to do with the quality of its content than anything else. In my opinion, niche directories should become not only a portal to other sites but a destination in itself, containing both useful information and links to sites offering further information.

4. KenBrace New Member

KenBrace

This has been my main focus with the forum directory and I'm hoping it pays off. The forum listings contain very detailed and quality listings or at least I'm trying my best to make it that way.

Yeah I think that's a good idea. Just having a list of sites wouldn't be as good as having a collection of high quality, useful content on the subject themselves.