1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Skaffe

Discussion in 'Directory Reviews' started by Converse, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Converse Active Member

Converse

I am curious as to what the rest of you think about Skaffe. I have reviewed it four times now because it has been in my top ten, and I'm thinking that maybe someone here understands design better than I do because any site that uses that many colors should be gaudy and I shouldn't like it, yet Skaffe's design works for me.

Skaffe does have some problems, which is why it's been near the end of my top ten list, but I am particularly interested in what you think about the design. Feel free to discuss any other aspect of the directory as well, however.

Skaffe, by the way, accepts free submissions on weekends.

Very much the same, perhaps because they are owned by the same people, is the WoW Directory, another directory whose looks I shouldn't like, but do. It has to be the pastels. I've always liked pastels.

2. jdroc New Member

jdroc

I like Skaffe, but Wow hurt my eyes when I first arrived on the site. I like the layout and it's easy to navigate, but that has to be the smallest template I've ever seen on the entire internet, lol. Like I said, it's high functional though and pages load really quick. Maybe it's the green at the bottom blending in the other green, that hurts my eyeballs.

3. Converse Active Member

Converse

I don't like the WoW Directory as much as I do Skaffe, as far as the look is concerned, but I like both of them.

4. toradrake Member

toradrake

Help I'm having a seizure. The colors are to distracting. My eyes did not know where to focus first. If the colors were more earth tone or soft then it would work, but red and green YUCK! The colors are definitely gaudy and if as a average joe user, it is to much to take in. Just my opinion.