1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Regular vs Premium Gasoline

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jason76, May 14, 2015.

1. Jason76 Member

Jason76

Do you all use regular gas? How about premium or even super premium? Does pumping in higher quality gas help all cars, or just some? Is premium worth the price?

2. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I heard that putting premium gas in your car was bad. I'm not sure why, but I'm pretty sure that is what I was told. So, that is why I've never done it. When I go to get gas I just get the regular gas. I honestly don't even care that much about the different kind of gas that I am putting in my car, so long as I get to where I need to be.

3. Jason76 Member

Jason76

Some people claim premium gas cleans out the engine. Of course, you can always buy special fluid to clean it out, but it might be cheaper to simply buy premium gasoline. I do notice that the engine sounds better on premium gasoline, but I don't know if the gas milage is better.

4. proxy New Member

proxy

Regular Unleaded Gas
    Regular Unleaded Gas (RUG) is the most common type of gasoline used for most vehicles around the world. A byproduct of crude oil, RUG is a highly flammable material. It also does not have any lead compounds, making it more environmentally-friendly and less hazardous to the health than gasoline with lead. Lead has been known to stunt the development of children and cause cancer. RUG's octane rating, which refers to its ability to withstand improper fuel combustion in the engine, is 87.

Premium Gas
    Premium gasoline shares many characteristics with regular unleaded gas. It is also produced from crude oil and is a combustible substance. The octane rating of a premium gas varies, but it is typically 90 or higher. This is why premium gas is also known as "high octane gas." Not only does it keep engines cleaner due to its detergent additives, it also produces less pollution.

Premium Gas Vs. Regular Unleaded Gas
    While they are both made from the same raw material, premium and regular unleaded gasoline differ in several ways. Being aware of these differences and their effects on car performance is the first step to making a well-informed choice when buying fuel.

5. ryandennis143 New Member

ryandennis143

Premium Gasoline is obviously better