1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

PM

Discussion in 'Suggestions/Complaints' started by fastreplies, Nov 4, 2014.

1. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

I can't figure out how to use PM in this forum.

Any hints?

:)

fastreplies

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

Thank you. I just started a thread for just the purpose of leaving hints (mostly as I come across them, since this is new to me too) on using Xenforo, as well as any plugins or changes that I might make. Later, I might develop it into a FAQ.

Anyhow, PMs are called Conversations here. More than one member may be included in a Conversation but those not invited cannot view it or participate. I just tested it between my Admin and Guido accounts, and this account cannot view it.

You can start a Conversation by clicking into their profile, where you will see a "Start a Conversation" link. In the "Participants" field, you can add anyone else that you might want to invite.

fastreplies likes this.
  3. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

LOL, I would never guess this is the way it's done.

:)

fastreplies

4. Converse Active Member

Converse

I'm glad you asked, because I had to look it up after installing the software, but then I forgot that it was confusing. Here is a link to the thread that was prompted by this one.