1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Paying for Directory Submission

Discussion in 'Directory Submissions' started by toradrake, Feb 28, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

I just got finished readings the Web Directory Digest article about whether paying for a directory submission is worth it. From my experience, I agree with the author, it is.

There are several reasons I agree with the author of the article, Ken Anderson. For one, you are paying to be there in the first place. You would willingly pay to have your site included in search engines such as Google, why not pay to be in a directory that will increase your standing with the search engines. There is a physical person sitting in a seat filtering through thousands upon thousands of sites per day determining how, where, and if a site is submitted into the directory they work for... you expect to be paid for the hard work you did at your computer to get the site going, why should they not be paid for the work they put in to include your site.

Check out the article. Its pretty good.

Are Directory Submission Fees Worth It?

Converse likes this.
  2. Niall95g New Member

Niall95g

I have read through this article that you have posted and I do think that it depends upon the directory that you are going to be submitted to. Some of them are more trusted and reliable by the users than others. There are certain directories that have a level of credibility given by the users that I feel would make it worthwhile to pay for submission and others, not so much.

3. toradrake Member

toradrake

Naturally you would want the most reliable and trust worthy directories, those are the ones I am referring to when I say it is worth the money to pay. If the directory is not a good directory, you would not want your site in there in the first place.

4. ksguy New Member

ksguy

I haven't paid for a directory submission in about 5 years. Also when I did run one (same time frame) I did get several paid submissions. I think they were just and chasing page rank, at the time my directory had a pr of 5. I'd rather look for directories related to my sites in some way and just submit my link and go on.