1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Paid For Search Campaign

Discussion in 'Website Marketing' started by toradrake, Feb 4, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

I am the first one to scream that you should not have to pay for a search campaign but this article gives a compelling argument that on top of a good SEO, you should have a paid for search campaign.

One of the arguments that was compelling is that you would earn twice the visibility. Can not really argue with that. With SEO you would get organic results while a paid search campaign would give you extra traffic.

Another argument deals in conversion rates. Can't really argue against that because they are correct in this area as well. The more exposure you have the higher the probability of making a sale.

Well read the article and tell me what you guys think on this.

4 Reasons You Should Run A Paid Search Campaign With An Already Successful SEO Strategy

2. Rainman New Member

Rainman

Someone who's spend some money on paid search campaign complained that he saw his rankings in the SERPs drop significantly. He figured that Google wanted him to spend more cash on ads. While theoretically you might earn more if your site also appears on page #1 of the SERPs, supposing your site suddenly drops off the first page because you paid for ads? But I don't I know if those allegations are true or not.

Has anyone ever had their ranks drop when they started paying for ads?

3. toradrake Member

toradrake

I have never seen that except in a site whose SEO was not up to par anyway. Paid ad's as far as I know (I could be wrong on this) don't have any effect on your placement or rankings (Google may not rank anymore, but there are search engines that still do).

Rainman likes this.
  4. peopletrendin New Member

peopletrendin

Hi,
    Thank you for sharing, article is very useful for paid ads but how we can achieve through organic,any tips?

5. Jason76 Member

Jason76

Paid ads are a great idea. You can literally force traffic to any website. However, you need a large startup to make it happen. I'd say 2,000 to 5000 dollars at the minimum. In addition, your website should have good material for the scheme to work.

Note, I would favor established pay per click companies like Bing Ads or Adwords to be on the safe side.

6. jewelraz New Member

jewelraz

After Google withdraw side column ads, competition is now very high. I am the Manager of my clients accounts and it seems conversion rate dropped and CPC is higher than old days. Moreover, more customers are driving to Facebook ads instead of Adwords PPC.

7. Klausm New Member

Klausm

Paid services have no guarantee for quality anyway. I know quite a lot of webdevelopers all promissing SEO included only to see a template rearranged without modification.

Google now has introduced the top and bottom adds hey its pretty nice to have 10 SERPS enveloped by 2 blocks of 5 Adds.