1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Not in USA, if Amazon has money, how do I get it ? silly question

Discussion in 'Monetizing' started by mr_bucks, Feb 2, 2015.

1. mr_bucks New Member

mr_bucks

I have an Amazon Affiliate account, thier methods of payment are cheque, direct deposit, or Amazon gift card. Cheque is not an option because the country where I am, the mail is unreliable the cheque will get lost or stolen.

For direct deposit, you need a larger balance, and there might be problems sending to my bank, I am in a developing nation.

Third option is this Amazon gift card, what exactly is it ? Can I use it like a debit card (virtual credit card) and buy things online at other places besides Amazon ? Is it possible to transfer the money to another virtual credit card or paypal or something ? Is this an actual physical card, does it need to get sent through the mail ?

Silly questions, but I am clueless about these things.

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

I believe that the Amazon gift card can only be used for purchases from Amazon.com.

3. mr_bucks New Member

mr_bucks

Ok, I am probably asking the wrong question then. If I live in a developing country, how do I get money from Amazon, into something I can spend. Amazon is pretty useless for me, since Amazon will not even ship to the country I am in.

I heard that some people use Payoneer, and Amazon will somehow deposit into a Payoneer account, does anyone have experience with that ? Or some alternative solution.

4. SimplySidy Member

SimplySidy

You can try reading the TOC and other documentation at PlasticJungle now CardCash.com. I am unsure if they accept Amazon Cards today, but there was a time when I read about people exchanging or rather selling off their Amazon Cards here. You can also try your luck with converting or selling your Amazon Cards at BitCoins - I hear and read that this BitCoins are the future of Internet Money.

Unfortunately, I am from a different league and genre and as such, I do not have much idea on Amazon Card Conversions of my own - and my response above is based on what I have read some years back (barring the bitcoin thing as it is relatively new).

I would still suggest the direct deposit option - agreed that you have to wait longer, maybe work overtime and stretch yourself, but then, Amazon is not a fake or a scam website. They are reputed and trustworthy. So if it can be manageable, think about this option again before finding out the other options.

And as another suggestion - you can always use Amazon Cards to buy products from Amazon - so maybe you can use this to buy gifts for relatives or others (I know nothing about where you belong to and also what kind of services / business you are in, so this suggestion might never be applicable to you, but I have known people who have used these cards to gift members of their forums, blogs and even family).

mr_bucks likes this.
  5. toradrake Member

toradrake

Sounds like you are in a bit of a delimma there. I personally think you should call Amazon and ask them. I am sure they will have a solution. You never know.... there may be a bank there that they have sent money to before and you can get an account with them if Amazon does not deposit to your account. Or you can find a international prepaid debt card account that has a routing and account number for direct deposit reasons. I am with Netspend and Account Now but I don't know if they are international or not.

mr_bucks likes this.
  6. mr_bucks New Member

mr_bucks

Ok I think this is what I need. I just didn't know what the proper terms where. I will look into an "international prepaid card", possibly the one I have with my bank is already like that. Somehow I can move money back and forth from my paypal to the card.

When I googled, I saw people talking about payoneer, I think it is similar to netspend and account now, I will look into your two recomendations. Thanks.

Worst case scenario. I will just do what Sid recomended. There are always people coming and going from USA. So buy gifts and have them sent to USA, and then have people pick them up there.

7. toradrake Member

toradrake

No problem, glad to help. I don't know deal per say with banks so I only use the prepaid debt cards. It is much easier then dealing with money grubbing banks.

8. PandaDZN New Member

PandaDZN

You can buy Amazon Gift Cards from websites like gyft.com and paypal-gifts.com. PayPal-Gifts.Com is powered by PayPal themselves, if you don't believe me, you're free to Google it. Gyft is a well known website to sell gift-cards. I believe they deliver within 24 hours of purchasing.

9. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

You would only be able to use the gift card on Amazon. If you didn't want to do that then you might be able to sell it. I'm actually surprised that they don't have the option to use PayPal. It seems like so many people are using it now, that you would think a big company like Amazon would be too. Maybe it's just so that they can get their money back. But the only way you might be able to get your money is if you sold the gift card to someone. I dont' know if you're allowed to do that, but that's the only thing that I can think of doing with it.

10. maverick New Member

maverick

Sadly the only way you can exchange your effort there are the Amazon gift cards. I don't really get why you think that Amazon products are useless since there is everything there, from PC compomenents to books and smartphones,etc... By the way I would give a shot to the bank transfer. Try googling for feedbacks about other users of your country that tryed a bank transfer from Amazon and see if it went good or not.