1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Question Non-Refundable Submission Fees?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Rainman, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Rainman New Member

Rainman

I stumbled into the site of someone who offers directory submissions services. Nonetheless he said he couldn't make any promises that all websites he submitted would to the directory/directories would be listed. Now since submission fees for some of these directories can be pretty high [[$299 or thereabouts] does it mean that if your site isn't approved you lose all that money? Could this be the reason why most webmasters would rather not try to get their sites listed on paid web directories?

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

Best Answer
    Some directories refund all or part of a submission fee if a site is rejected, but others don't. Before I spend any money to submit my site to a directory, I make sure that it has useful content. There are a few shady directories that offer free or very low-cost submission options, but never actually accept anything that is submitted through lower-priced or free options, but these don't make it into my directory of directories.

Most directories will look favorably at your site if you have paid to submit it. This doesn't mean that they will accept everything but they are looking for reasons to accept it rather than for reasons not to. Unless my site was only half built of full of affiliate junk rather than content, I would expect it to be accepted. Any directory charging $300 for a submission fee will have submission guidelines that you should read carefully.

If the directory does not accept gambling or adult sites, any site submitted of that nature will be rejected, as might any site that looks dicey, such as warez sites or ones that make promise they couldn't possibly deliver on.

Rainman likes this.