1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

New Articles Posted

Discussion in 'Web Directory Digest' started by wdr, Dec 11, 2014.

1. wdr Member

wdr

2. wdr Member

wdr

3. wdr Member

wdr

4. wdr Member

wdr

5. wdr Member

wdr

6. wdr Member

wdr

7. wdr Member

wdr

8. wdr Member

wdr

9. wdr Member

wdr

10. wdr Member

wdr

Ray likes this.
  11. Ray Active Member

Ray

I've just posted a comment in the article page...
    Thank you for using trenchless.directory as an example of "Responsive Design in Web Directories".

wdr and Converse like this.
  12. wdr Member

wdr

13. wdr Member

wdr

14. wdr Member

wdr

15. wdr Member

wdr

16. wdr Member

wdr

17. wdr Member

wdr

18. wdr Member

wdr

19. toradrake Member

toradrake

I just read that one. It is a really good article. I posted a thread about it a few minutes ago asking is there is a search engine that works like a directory only showing search results from sites submitted and does not have crawlers.

wdr likes this.
  20. Converse Active Member

Converse

I've answered your other topic. There are a number of hybrid directory / search engines, but most of them are directories that incorporate search engine technologies in one way or another.

Some web directory scripts include an internal capability of spidering for various topics, but that is used as a tool for directory owners to find sites to list in these categories. Bad directories might just add them, using the meta title and description as the title and description of the site, while the better directories have editors who will review these sites, adding them only if they enhance the directory, and changing the titles and descriptions to reflect the actual features of the site.

wdr likes this.