1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Marketing With Social Media

Discussion in 'Social Media Marketing' started by danielle davidson, Jul 17, 2015.

1. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I think that social media is great way to get people to come to your page. There are so many sites out there that you can post to. It seems like there is a never ending list of ways that you can get people to come because of that. I find that if you know how to market well, then you will be able to get people to come to your blog. I think that a lot of people don't use social media because they don't know how to market on there, and that's why they say it's not a good idea. I have heard some people say that they will never use it. So, do you think that social media is the new way to market your page?

2. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

Well, not all businesses can use social media for marketing purposes. I mean there are only certain types of business that can market their product using instagram or pinterest. What's important is that taking advantage of using these platforms for marketing purpose, because it is free and convenient way to communicate to potential prospects.

3. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

That is true. I mean if someone had a business forum and they were trying to promote on Tumblr, it might not work out that well for them. I mean there aren't many people on there that are into that. I find that most of the people on there are hipsters and young girls. If you have something that would appeal to them, then I'm sure they would go to the page. Otherwise it wouldn't work out too well. I also think that using Pinterest because I don't even know what someone on there would be looking for.

4. srimathi Member

srimathi

Business people uses social media sites for marketing purpose. They are promote their product or services in online. Through social medias they also get more popularity of their business.

5. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

Not all, as I've said.. Some businesses do not succeed on using social media for marketing purposes because they do not do their research first.
    Like for example, there are some businesses that offer services like programming, outsourcing, web design/development - these type of business niche is not fit to market in Facebook. Why? Because people on Facebook are more interested in something that is appealing in their eyes like gadgets, travel, apparels etc.

6. SylviaGonzalez New Member

SylviaGonzalez

That's true!

7. taxtorpedo New Member

taxtorpedo

Danielle: The ability to use social media sites for promotion is a MUST HAVE skill,
    because of the monumental leverage that applies when your quality content gets shared,
    liked, or retweeted.

The Internet thrives on the sharing of quality information. Solve someone's problem
    and the info is likely to be "liked" or shared.

Twitter is a tremendous asset if you learn how to use it. If you search on Twitter using
    a hashtag that is relevant to your niche or your quality content, it is so easy to make
    connections with those who have similar interests.

Plus, you can find quality content that you can share and help build your own authority
    status even though you are not the content's author.

Do not spread yourself too thin going to a huge number of social media sites. Build
    your authority status on 4-6 social media sites for a start and try to use some kind
    of automated posting resource site or software.

The promotional leverage through automation is MONUMENTAL!

This leverage is so powerful that it is hard to fail if you have a disciplined daily work
    routine.

Start with Twitter, because it is so easy to find quality content that you can share on
    other social media sites. Add a couple of relevant social bookmarking sites.

Lastly, join some relevant Facebook groups, but do not start out with self-promotion.
    Offer meaningful info and resources that solves group member problems (build your
    authority status). The rest should be smooth sailing.

Good luck!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017