1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Is Citation Sources Helps To Maximise Your Local Seo. How?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Christ Bonn, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Christ Bonn New Member

Christ Bonn

Hi there, Please tell me about the local listing tactic that we can used in SEO for building backlinks also for our local business improvement. And also suggesting me Local Listing sites list around the globe. Thanks a lot.

2. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

Hmm, based on my own understanding, so correct me if I'm wrong, citation is more like a mention.
    Like for example, your brand was mentioned on a reputable websites or blogsites like huffington, mashable, buzzfeed etc.
    It considered as a count or a plus point to your site not only in SEO but also in other marketing/business related aspect.

3. Alunny Member

Alunny

It makes your content look more legit and helpful, so google will show it higher. That said tonnes of links aren't a good thing unless they're using the correct citation html etc.

4. Clarke Member

Clarke

Local listing and business listings helps lot to any local business in any particular area. Local business has low competition as compare to global business. G+ is best platform to promote your local business in Google. There are lots of many more sites like Yelp, Yellowpages, Superpages, Manta and many more for local listing.

5. jewelraz New Member

jewelraz

Wrong idea.

Citation is like directory listing but all the directories are well reputed and most of them are local.

6. jewelraz New Member

jewelraz

My Goodness. You don't have any idea about citation building. What Clarke said is somehow correct.

G+ is best platform to promote your local business in Google.​

I think he meant to say "Google+ Business Page/Location"