1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Infolinks

Discussion in 'Monetizing' started by Shamzblueworld, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Shamzblueworld New Member

Shamzblueworld

Have you used infolinks for monetizing your website? I think it can work well on forums, I have seen some forums using infolinks only, don't know how much they are making from it, but I have checked their revenue offers, they are alright for an in-text ad service.
    And I also want to ask that does it bother you if a forum or website has in-text ads on? I mean it does bother me. They are not that user friendly to me at least.

2. calebmelvern New Member

calebmelvern

Low earnings + ugly ads = No for me. I think you can change how their ads look but they're still ugly and they can be really annoying. I haven't used Infolinks but from what I know, they count ad views only when users hover their mouse on the ads. This translates to really low ad views. Their eCPMs seem to be OK though.

3. NathanG New Member

NathanG

I'd rather see a banner ad than in-text ads, especially on things like forum posts where they look like something the user linked to. I don't like it at all whenever websites use networks like infolinks, it only drives me away from that website. To be honest I've never even registered on a forum that has this, because of how annoying they are.

Like I said, I'd be more inclined to click on a graphical ad than an auto-linked text one.

4. CyberGal New Member

CyberGal

One of the rev share writing sites that I use utilizes in-text ads and personally I hate it. I guess I obviously don't hate it enough not to use the site but it does drive me nuts. It's like if you put your mouse in the wrong place while you're reading something, an ad pops up in your face. I find that obtrusive and annoying. I am like NathanG in that I too would prefer a banner ad over an in-text ad any day. Nevertheless, I can actually understand why they're growing in popularity. I mean, a lot of people simply aren't clicking on banner ads anymore so if you're going to make money you have to try something new. So, there's definitely two sides to this as with anything else in life.

5. starlight22 New Member

starlight22

No I have not used infolinks but I do have this site written down on my work from home list. I'm big on earning money from home so I'm always checking out other sites. It wouldn't bother me at all if a site has in-text ads. I don't think I'll be using infolinks though because it's not for me at the moment. There are other sites I'm earning on that I'm really enjoying so I'm all set.

6. CyberGal New Member

CyberGal

You're smart in knowing your limits there Starlight. It's so easy to get all caught up in all these different sites, making it difficult to know what to concentrate on. I know I'm guilty of that sometimes as well. I'm constantly having to rework my business plan to make sure that I'm concentrating on what's making me the most money possible.

7. oldwriter New Member

oldwriter

Yes, I have used infolinks in the past. Getting a $100+ payment took more than a month in my case, but it was most certainly due to the fact they were tested on a relatively new site at the time. I didn't continue using infolinks since there are higher-paying options, but still, there weren't negative comments regarding their advertising links, so no complaints.

I did change their color to be different from the site's regular links in order to let visitors know they weren't the same. I know some might prefer fooling their users with same-color links, but in my case as the site was still building, I didn't want to trick my visitors for a few cents.

In the end, I stopped using the infolinks text ads, but I can recommend them to fill inventory. I used only 2 ad-links per page, so it might have also added to the slow rhythm of money-building. To be honest I'm very careful about adding any type of advertising to websites. As a web user myself, I certainly value sites who use advertising carefully and aren't trying to make a quick buck by over-doing ads, so I go by this policy too.