1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Ideas for Topics

Discussion in 'Web Directory Digest' started by wdr, Dec 12, 2014.

1. wdr Member

wdr

I have a backlog of about eight or nine article set to publish on Web Directory Digest, but I'd be interested in any ideas any of you might have as to topics for additional articles.

The purpose of Web Directory Digest is to introduce web directories to those who may be unfamiliar with them, to answer questions about the industry, and to promote specific web directories or the industry as a whole.

Whether you have some familiarity with the web directory industry or not, what questions might you have that may have an answer that could be made into an article of at least five hundred words?

In fact, I can't afford to buy a lot of content, but if you have an idea for an article that you'd like to write, and I can afford it, I might consider that too.

2. wdr Member

wdr

Since not very many people have viewed this, I thought I'd bump it up. Does anyone have any ideas?

3. Ray Active Member

Ray

I'm not 100% sure but, since this is a "Web Directory Forum", why not discus the different directory scripts available on the market, and our own experiences using them?
    Without favoring any one in particular, there are (like with any other product) some really good ones out there, and some that you would want to avoid.

4. Converse Active Member

Converse

I am familiar with WSN Links, eSyndiCat, phpLink Directory, and the PremiumPress directory theme for WordPress, as well as a couple of other more obsolete ones, so there are several scripts that I couldn't speak to.

5. Ray Active Member

Ray

I've tried all of the above, and then some...
    Until I found phpMyDirectory, in my opinion at least, is the complete package. A very flexible script, highly customizable, excellent support, and best of all, its backed by a great community forum. I'm sorry if I sounded like I'm trying to promote this thing but, I can't say enough good things about them.

6. Converse Active Member

Converse

I've done some editing in phpMyDirectory but have never been in the admin area of it. There's nothing wrong with promoting something that you like, anyhow. That's the right thing to do.

7. Ray Active Member

Ray

They have a full working demo on their site, including access to the admin side of it. But, if you'd like to see a live site, let me know, and I'll give you a tour of my directory.

8. Converse Active Member

Converse

While ideas for topics for new articles for Web Directory Digest are still welcomed, these articles may also be used as topics for new threads here in this forum. Simply place a link or a reference to them in an appropriate area of the forum, as determined by the article content, and start a discussion. Or if you want to start a discussion here, I'll split it off and move it to an appropriate area of the forum.