1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

How to Back Link Effectively?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by toradrake, Feb 20, 2015.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

In your opinion, what is the best methods of back linking your site ASIDE FROM a directory...

Lets say you have a site for shoes, what methods would you incorporate to obtain back links and what are the most effective ones you can use.

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

As it so happens, we've published an article on just that topic. It refers to directories, but it's not about submitting to directories.

You can also use a link checking tool to check the links of your competitors, primarily the ones that are coming above you in your targeted keywords. In many cases, if someone has linked to another site that has topics like your own, they may be willing to link to yours as well. It never hurts to ask.

When you come across pages that link to competing sites, within your niche, if you can find some that have gone bad, as is often the case, you can let the webmaster know that he has a bad links, and suggest yours as a replacement.

I don't often feel comfortable asking for a link, although I have. Most often though, I'll just start a conversation with someone who I'd like to get a link from, and see where it goes.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  3. jblogger New Member

jblogger

An effective method for getting back links is guest posting. You would look for a site on your niche that accepts guest posts and then contact the owner to see if they are interested on your post. If you have a site for shoes then write a great post on the topic and try to get it live on another site in exchange of a backlink.

Don't know if that's the kind of answer you where looking for.

4. toradrake Member

toradrake

I was just reading on the Directory Digest about getting back links from other sites listed in the directories. I was thinking of contacting some of the owners of forums that center on the topics listed on mine or would it be better to get back links from other forums that are general topic like mine? Or am I reading the article wrong. Another thing I was thinking about doing is contacting other low level sites that are in the area of my topics such as maybe a political information site for my politics board or something... am I on the right track with that idea?

5. Converse Active Member

Converse

You would probably do better focusing on topics, since forum owners are generally not interested in sending their visitors to other forums, although there are exceptions, I'm sure. On that note, you might want to start posting in some of the larger SEO forums, including your link(s) in your signature. Don't try to spam the forum with your link but if you are making intriguing posts, people will click on the links in your signature. Although forum links are usually set to "nofollow" you'll get direct traffic and, the best I can determine, Google's algorithm will be looking for link diversity, which should include some "nofollow" links.

There are forum promotion forums but, for the most part, the only people who go there are other forum owners. I'm in a couple of them and, while I might get a good idea every now and then (not often), I rarely get traffic from a forum promotion forum.

6. Ray Active Member

Ray

Hi Tora,

I was curious about your websites, so I tried the link on your footer signature linking to your forum, and it gives me an error page, http://unitedword.freeforums.net/ (page not found), you may want to fix it, the second link to your blog is working fine.

This got me thinking about my next comment, and please, don't think for a moment that I'm criticizing you in any way.

From my perspective, if I were in your shoes, at this point in time, being hosted on sub-domains (http://unitedword.freeforums.net/ and http://kevinkimers.siterubix.com/), I would not put that much effort into getting more links to these sites than your already have, and would save all my back-linking connections and resources for when I finally get my own domain setup. The only ones benefiting from your efforts to get more back-links are the people from siterubix.com and freeforums.net.
    In other words, the host domain is the one that gets the benefit of whatever back-link you manage to get to your sub-domains, and these guys will get to keep them when you leave.

Now days, those (back-links) are precious resources, don't waste then on others. As much effort as you put into this, you deserve to receive the full benefit for it.

I usually end our conversations with some stupid joke but, this time I'm serious. :rolleyes:

7. toradrake Member

toradrake

ROTFLMAO... I'm an idiot! The reason the link did not work is the link is wrong. It is united world not united word. LOL Fixing it now, you can try again. Thanks for the advice. I was thinking along the same lines but was unsure. Any advice or suggestions on my sites, please feel free to give. I listed the sites on the Web Review board so that I can get more input. Your input is most appreciated.

8. Ray Active Member

Ray

You know... That's how rumors get started... LOL

I looked at your forum, and I think it looks okay for what it is, I mean the core changes that would make it ideal are beyond your control anyways so, use it as is, abuse it, and get your own forum started as soon as possible.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  9. peopletrendin New Member

peopletrendin

Hi,
    Apart from directory you can get backlinks from social bookmarking and the most important to boost your keyword is to do article and blog submissions.

10. Jason76 Member

Jason76

I would try to do guest blog posting as well as forum commenting. I would do a massive social media campaign to encourage websites which are not social media to link to me. Finally, I might try some blog commenting, but do-follow blogs are difficult to find these days.

11. waheatha123 New Member

waheatha123

yes i do agree getting link from article and blogs can drive much traffic than the others

12. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

I'll go for classified ads, the free ones.
    I don't recommend social bookmarking and directory submission.
    Having a blog site will also help, shoe images that can be pin to pinterest, it'll help.

13. laxmirai269 New Member

laxmirai269

Business listing and forum signature also more effective link building techniques.

14. AudioBuy LLC New Member

AudioBuy LLC

Best method : Your customers or associates - build links from them first...
    After established - Other places.

15. seetharam New Member

seetharam

To get quality backlink do guest blogging method.

16. Kadproraba New Member

Kadproraba

• Everything will work, weight will transfer link, it is important to look for and to write in topics as Yours for example: You have business mobile phones, looking for forums, directories section mobile phones and there need to write a post with a link in the body of the entry is the key, then search engines will consider the link, remember your theme must be, good luck :)