1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

How do you keep track of income vs expenses?

Discussion in 'Monetizing' started by Alunny, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Alunny Member

Alunny

I'm starting a small business (In Australia) and I want to have something to monitor my expenses and income (manually). I have an invoicing system but this is unreliable as a way of tracking because it doesn't include the costs of running the business or transactions through cash or bank accounts (for example to register my business name or pay my hosting I can't use my own invoicing system). Not every payment goes through PayPal or through my system, you know?

So I want something to kind of balance the numbers and show me where I am going, where I've been, etc...and still be usable at tax time.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to track this? I DON'T want a fully fledged accounting software because I don't need invoicing, etc.

2. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I'm pretty sure that you might be able to get an app for that. I think that I saw something like that before. All you have to do is put in the money take you are making. Then once you do that, make sure you add in the money you spend, once you spend it. I mean it sounds easy enough to run. If you look that up online, then I'm sure that you will find that there a many of these apps.