1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Getting a Clearer Idea of How BlogSpot-'Broadcasting' Works - Audience-Presence, Blog-Casting Specs~

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by rabst, Apr 2, 2015.

1. rabst New Member

rabst

No, it's not "a new network rolling-out" or "a new system"; I’m just trying to find out: When are my BlogSpot-blogs available to the public? Can people read my new posts as soon as I send them (usually by Windows Live Writer, sometimes by email … very-rarely by ‘actually posting them from Blogger’)?

Does a post of my blog go offline while I'm editing it (on Blogger)?

The question came up when I started wondering, "Will the time I choose to work-on and post new blog-entries have any effect on my blog's visibility?"

I guess I'm basically asking How does the blog-casting (or displaying) process work? Is it close to 'the way I imagine' (when I start writing, it's on only-'my machine' until I click 'publish'; at which time it's sent to Blogger's database & from there made-visible to the whole Internet)?

I guess I want to get an idea of 'when my fans will see my newest work.'

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

Once you publish it, it becomes visible to the public. When you edit it, the previous version remains visible to the public until you publish the edited version, at which point it would change. Once you leave edit mode and view it on your computer, that's the way it should look to everyone else, other than differences that depend on the browser they might be using.

rabst likes this.