1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Forum version 2.0 ???

Discussion in 'Suggestions/Complaints' started by fastreplies, Oct 30, 2014.

1. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Why Am I have feelings that this forum even worth than old one?
    Where is Number of Posts, Location and other Wiki staff?

:confused:

fastreplies

2. WDFAdmin Administrator

WDFAdmin

Staff Member

It's only been up a few days. I wanted to get it back online as soon as it was functional, but I'll be adding stuff to it. It's a whole different platform, so it won't have the same things, but there's a lot more available for it while what we had on the old one was all there was. From past mistakes, I've learned to add one plugin at a time, making sure that there are no unintended consequences before adding another. Like anything else, there are pros and cons, but I think the pros outweigh the cons. The fact that no one is threatening to charge me $4,000 a month is a major pro, as far as I'm concerned. It's also nice that it separates real guests from spiders.

3. Converse Active Member

Converse

Hang in there with me for a bit. There is a lot that I can add to the forum, although I think you'll find the statistical stuff in your profile, and if you look in the members tab, you'll find stats on all of the members in the forum. They are currently sorted by points, which is how I think I'll keep it, but I believe I can sort them alphabetically as well. I haven't seen a plugin for it yet but I'd like to have a tab where anyone could opt to sort members either by points or alphabetically.

Also, on the subject of statistics, you'll see the forum statistics in the right sidebar, where you can also see who is online right now. If you click the small icon in the upper right, just above your member graphic, the one that has four horizontal lines; if you click that one, you'll close the right sidebar and expand the forum activity area. The graphic just to the left of it bring up a forum drop down menu.

I can, by the way, expand the forum to take up the whole screen but I don't like the way that looks, because it leaves a large white space between the forum title and the last thread title, and that looks a little off to me.

I'll be adding a lot of new stuff as I find the time and the money for it. I will probably ad a couple of advertising spaces but I don't want to have a bunch of ads.

4. Converse Active Member

Converse

Okay, I've played with the members list. You can now view members alphabetically or, using the notable members tab, you can get the list according to their profile points. Plus a few other options.