1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Do you prefer front end or back end web development?

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by KenBrace, Feb 28, 2015.

1. KenBrace New Member

KenBrace

For those of you who are web developers; which aspect do you enjoy more? Designing the look & feel or coding the brains? Why do you like that aspect better?

2. toradrake Member

toradrake

The look and feel. I'm all about the aesthetics, visual all the way. I'm this way for several reasons but mostly because I like things to look pleasant. The "brains" of a site is very important, but whether you retain or detract people is largely determined by the look.

3. KenBrace New Member

KenBrace

Unfortunately for us back end guys this is true. Style sells over function any day of the week. When I chose XenForo for one of my sites I did so because of the look & feel. I liked the way it looked so I used it. That's the way our minds work. We don't give as much thought to the function as we do to the design. Fortunately XenForo is very feature rich as well so I picked the right thing on both ends. It's also cheaper than vBulletin. :)

4. toradrake Member

toradrake

When sites are designed the owner is more concerned about whether the viewers are going to find the site visually pleasing more so then anything else. Most do not understand the importance of the coding of the site.

5. vtech New Member

vtech

Programmers are born not made, obviously that is the toughest part which is also not acclaimed more.

6. safiy New Member

safiy

I like the website to make functional as my creativity is limited to give better look and feel.