1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

DMOZ Search Plugin

Discussion in 'Directory Announcements' started by toradrake, Dec 13, 2014.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

You know, until today, I did not even know there was a DMOZ Search Plugin? I was in DMOZ Blog and it had links to its search plugin's available for both Firefox and Chrome. I attached a link to the plugin page for each browser. Wonder why those are the only two they have though?

2. SimplySidy Member

SimplySidy

Lemme guess :cool:

Firefox and Chrome browsers have been free to use since ages. IE, to my knowledge has always been propriety thing and doesn't run good on Macs and does not ship with (and cannot be installed on) UNIX/Linux flavors. This makes IE unavailable to many.

As DMOZ is FREE for ever, maybe they did not develop plugins for IE just to avoid issues with Microsoft. And also, to connect with the Users of UNIX/Linux.

That is as best as my guess can take me. Though I would be interested to know the facts more ;)

Converse likes this.
  3. Jill Original Member

Jill

Original

I didn't know that either. I have noticed that there's some life over there, as far as new features coming for the first time in years.

4. toradrake Member

toradrake

Yeah, I have been noticing a few minuet changes there too. Like they changed the DMOZ Logo Banner. Wonder if they are ever going to do an over all facelift of their page soon...

5. May102014 New Member

May102014

I only know that DMoz work on Mozilla. I didn't know that it works on Chrome. I have tries using it on Mozilla. Really great search plug in for SEO work easy to use with clear instruction given.

6. Converse Active Member

Converse

Early in its history, DMOZ was acquired by Mozilla. DMOZ came from its domain name, which was derived from its earliest domain at directory.mozilla.org -- which still redirects to dmoz.org. Mozilla was acquired by AOL so they are both owned by the same company.

7. bonzer New Member

bonzer

DMOZ is still the most coveted directory in the web world. I once submitted my sports blog, which has barely 60 posts on it, but with a good design and Google PR-2. But, they squarely rejected it. I took great care in submitting my blog to the appropriate sub-category on the directory, but I had no luck. I didn't try it a second time around. Does anyone know about their main selection criteria?

8. Clarke Member

Clarke

Dmoz plugin is available from long time away. This is helpful plugin to edit any directory easily and add new. Dmoz is the top most directory site.

9. aymen3571 New Member

aymen3571

I didn't know that either. I have noticed that there's some life over there, as far as new features coming for the first time in years.

10. aymen3571 New Member

aymen3571

Dmoz plugin is available from long time away