1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Directory Ads

Discussion in 'Directory Operation' started by Jason76, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Jason76 Member

Jason76

I know a lot of people go to directories. However, it doesn't seem like enough people go to directories to make money via ads, unless you've got paid directory listings. Nonetheless, ads are a proven way to make money on some forums. How do they accomplish this task?

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

a lot of advertising on a directory makes the directory look shabby. Even one ad detracts somewhat, but it can be forgiven if it is well integrated with the site design. I agree though, that things like Google ads aren't likely to earn enough money to pay for the amount of detraction they cause. Directories are monetized largely through submission fees, although some people successfully use directories to drive traffic to other monetized sites or businesses that they have.

3. Eurohttp Works New Member

Eurohttp Works

Have you tried some affiliate programs to go with? Many sites offer affiliate programs where you can sell their products and so you will get a referral link to promote them. For a start at least.

4. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Not only shabby but cheap too and specially if you have reputable directory

:)

fastreplies

5. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

Paid or not I don't think online directories are the kind of site you want to link your site to.

6. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Really?
    Would you mind to share with us why?

:confused:

fastreplies

7. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

For reference purposes, I don't think (well I am speaking as an internet user) people really look for online directories just to look for a categorize niche businesses. For SEO/Link building it is not anymore beneficial. Let's say you are linked to a hundred of online directory sites, what will you expect? A backlink? A traffic? A ranking on SERP? Online presence? I don't think so, If you want to improve your backlink then look for a platform or online communities where you think is the most appropriate site you can link to. Increase ranking on SERP? Improve the overall onpage optimization on your site. To get traffic and increase online presence? Social media and blog will help. Well I've lived and survived 3 years without submitting to online directories, so I can live without it. That's the reality.

8. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Yes, that's right, that's exactly what role directories are playing.
    The fact you have no idea how does it work is not a proof that it's not so

Wrong again, that's exactly what they do
    The fact: you're blabbering about something you have not a slightest idea
    what you're talking about makes you wrong. People understand value of
    the time it takes going over 10,000.000 search results and use niches exactly
    for that reason, to find info in seconds and not hours.

LOL, this is exactly my point, people like you have no freaking idea what role
    directories are playing or have ever played in global internet structure

I have news for you. Directories never played any direct use in SEO.
    Why? The answer is in SEO definition: Search Engine Optimization
    You see what it says "Search Engine", meaning when you're submitting
    your site to directories, you are optimizing directory and nothing else.
    Now because SERP shows list of sites listed in directory and people will be
    going for visit to directory to get to "your" site, directories were never ever
    'beneficial' whereas backlinks always had had and always going to be.

It doesn't make so regardless of what you think or brainstorming about..

Reality? Really?
    You so freaking naive, which is explainable given all that garbage SEO Pros
    throw all over Internet to make people like you to believe they have the answers
    and solutions for any dickhead who are willing to pay them money for snake oil.

Good luck

:)

fastreplies

9. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

Whoa, that's awesome fastreplies. I think this is the first time I see you reply in a very decriptive way hahaha.. gotcha!
    Anyway, what else do I need to know I really don't get your point on online directories? ;)
    But I am curious how much you get (I mean in terms of site visitors) on site, the free web directory??
    Please... I want to hear more from you hihihi

10. fastreplies Original Member

fastreplies

Original

Sure asshole... go fuck yourself... hihihi

[​IMG]

fastreplies

11. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

ahahaha more.. come on! more about free directories, eh? woohh!