1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Directories and website language

Discussion in 'Directory Submissions' started by athena02, Mar 31, 2015.

1. athena02 New Member

athena02

I own a number of blogs, forums and websites and have been considering this for a while.

What are your thoughts on submitting, for example, a French website to an English directory and vice versa? Would it help, have no effect at all, or actually be harmful.

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

I'm thinking that you would probably not get much in the way of actual traffic from it. You would, of course, have the back-link, which can be helpful or unhelpful, depending on the amount of authority that the web directory has.

3. athena02 New Member

athena02

Then I suppose it wouldn't really hurt to have a few submissions on high authority directories (as long as it doesn't go against their rules)? I've been tempted to list my new English Nintendo news website on a French directory for a while, but was worried it would have a negative effect on the progress I had made so far.

4. Converse Active Member

Converse

I don't suppose it would hurt at all.

5. Clarke Member

Clarke

Its not a good idea to do that. Submit your site on niche sites is an good option.