1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Blogs to Market Sites

Discussion in 'Website Marketing' started by toradrake, Nov 17, 2014.

1. toradrake Member

toradrake

I know this is a bad place to put this, but there is no other place where it will go.

I have been "slinking" around on the net since 1999 and have noticed a marketing tool that is used by a lot of web designers but is not used very efficiently. So I decided to let you guys know about it and see what other suggestions you may have about it.

Marketing through blogs.

There are three ways you can drive traffic to your site through blogs...

1. Writing your own blogs about your products or site.
    2. Signing up with forums and putting your sites web address in your signature.
    3. Have your site mentioned on the blog of reputable bloggers.
    These three methods I have seen with my own eyes work in getting more recognition for sites then most other marketing ideas. People who are reading these blogs are actually interested in whatever the website is selling or talking about, that is why they sought it out in the first place, so when reading the blog they are more likely to check out the site.

There are key things you have to remember though. Make for sure that the blog is relevant to your site or the page of your site that the link is to. If your site or page is dealing with selling or talking about soap, you don't want your link to be on a blog about Basketball. You will not get good results if you attempt that.

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

Actually, that was the perfect place for it. Any topic that you might want to discuss that does not already have a topic area should be posted in Off-Topic. I have created a topic area for it, and have moved it there.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  3. toradrake Member

toradrake

Awesome! Thanks!

4. Billy New Member

Billy

Forum marketing can be a great way to drive traffic, but it works best when you wait to place your link in the sig after you've established yourself. A lot of mods don't like new accounts that have a sig, and many members don't trust a member who just joined that month and has only a few posts. It's a long-term method.

5. Converse Active Member

Converse

What a lot of people forget too, is that people are unlikely to click on a link from someone's signature if that person isn't saying anything interesting or useful. When someone impresses me in a post, and they have a signature link that looks like it might be something worth looking at, I'll often click it, but if they are just posting annoying nothing posts, I won't even look at their signature.

6. toradrake Member

toradrake

Good insight Converse. You are very right about that. If you are not a reputable blogger (or the person you have your link associated with isn't), then the link will be useless. The blog as well as the blogger have to be credible for it to work. Thanks for the addition of information. I forgot to mention that key point. :p