1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Are There Any Disadvantages Of Web Directories?

Discussion in 'Directory Submissions' started by juliets_journal, Sep 7, 2015.

1. juliets_journal New Member

juliets_journal

To begin with, I know very little about web directories. It was until I joined this forum that I have started learning some new ideas about the subject. From my searches on the internet about web directories I have come across positive reviews of the directories. They are really beneficial to a site that is what I read. I am wandering do web directories have any shortcomings? What are the disadvantages of using web directories if any?

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

The major disadvantage to web directories are that web directory scripts can be very inexpensive, particularly the Wordpress-based directory scripts, so it doesn't take much for someone to put up a directory script and call it a directory. Therefore, there are a lot of really bad directories. However, if you judge a web directory as you would any other web site, you can learn to tell a good directory from a bad one, and avoid these.

Ray likes this.
  3. chinomoreno New Member

chinomoreno

Well, web directories are a bit irrelevant now, IMO.
    Web directories are commonly used for link building purposes, that's why Google sees web directory submission more like a link scheme.
    Especially if you are submitting in a site that is not quality.