1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Advertising Your Directory on Forums

Discussion in 'Directory Operation' started by Jason76, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Jason76 Member

Jason76

Some people advertise their free or paid listings on popular forums like DigitalPoint. Is this a useful way to increase your listings, or a waste of time? Seems like a lot of people mock and criticize some of the directories on DigitalPoint because they are low quality. In other words, they were simply old domains rebuilt into directories.

2. Converse Active Member

Converse

It's worth posting your directory on Digital Point but don't expect to get a lot of traffic from your ad there. Unfortunately, most of the directories that advertise on Digital Point are crap, so a lot of people there consider all directories to be crap.

If you are inclined to post in forums anyhow, a better way to bring traffic to your directory is through a signature link. Of course, you have make informative posts, ones that people will take an interest in. If your posts are interesting, people will follow the links in your signature. I get traffic from my signature links on DP and other forums, although I haven't had much time to post there lately.

cwvps likes this.
  3. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I think that anytime you are able to promote that you should. I mean the most you are promoting it the higher chance you have to get more people to come to your site. I'm sure that there are so many ways, and maybe it won't get you a ton of people, but it might still get you some people coming. I find that it's worth it to promote to any site you are on.

cwvps likes this.
  4. Jason76 Member

Jason76

You shouldn't waste time promoting a website in places where it doesn't payoff. For instance, Facebook groups seem to be useless because there are so many ads, that few people might pay attention to your ad. This holds true even on groups with more than 10,000 members.