1. While you are free to lurk, we welcome you to register for a (free) account so that you will be able to participate in forum discussions.

Ad Sense

Discussion in 'Monetizing' started by danielle davidson, Jul 25, 2015.

1. danielle davidson New Member

danielle davidson

I have thought about using this for my blog, but I don't know how good it will be. I have heard that it's not good because then you have to have people click on them. And I know that they are ugly looking so I'm not sure that many people will want to click them. And obviously you wouldn't want to ask people to click them. So, is ad sense a good place to go to make money with my blog?

2. Jason76 Member

Jason76

People will click on Adsense ads, probably in some niches more than others. I would go ahead and try it. However, be careful and don't get banned. Also, remember you must factor in your niche's typical click payout in relation to how much traffic is coming into your blog. In that way, you can figure out how much money you will make. Note, some niches like online arcade games, have very small payouts, while others, such as insurance, have high payouts.

3. 111kg New Member

111kg

It depends pretty much of you niche. For instance, on my blog (medical articles) I get about a 2,33% CTR on average and a CPC of $0,40. It' not a lot for the US standards, but as long as it helps be bank every month, it's definitely plenty.

As well, people don't always get ads related to your blog, but also related to their search history. Try it for yourself: add an item in a basket in an online shop and don't complete your transaction. You will then see ads with that product or with that product or with that shop almost everywhere as long as you don't have Adblock enabled.